Hepatitis C in Canada: What do the data tell us?
This webinar is presented in partnership with the Canadian Network on Hepatitis C (CanHepC) and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
In preparation for World Hepatitis Day, this webinar will host a panel discussion on reigniting efforts to eliminate hepatitis C in Canada and showcase new Canadian hepatitis C estimates released by the Public Health Agency of Canada. These estimates, based on 2019 data, shed light on Canada’s progress towards achieving 2030 targets for hepatitis C prevention, testing and treatment. The panel discussion will offer reflections on how to interpret this new data and will explore what actions are needed to eliminate hepatitis C as a public health threat by 2030, a goal set by the World Health Organization and endorsed by Canada.
This webinar will be delivered in English and French with simultaneous interpretation
Moderators: Rivka Kushner, CATIE and Romane Close, CATIE
- Jordan Feld, University Health Network, CanHepC
- Christina Greenaway, McGill University, Jewish General Hospital
- Naveed Janjua, BC Centre for Disease Control, CanHepC
- Andrew Mendlowitz, University Health Network
- Nashira Popovic, Public Health Agency of Canada
- Xavier Tremblay, Public Health Agency of Canada