CATIE strengthens Canada’s response to HIV and hepatitis C by bridging research and practice. We connect healthcare and community-based service providers with the latest science, and promote good practices for prevention and treatment programs.
As Canada’s official knowledge broker for HIV and hepatitis C, you can count on us for up-to-date, accurate and unbiased information.
How we do it
- A comprehensive website for HIV and hepatitis C information
- Regular bulletins on new research and implications for frontline programs
- Interactive online learning and webinars
- Fact sheets, guides and reference tools for frontline workers
- Print publications for clients delivered free of charge through the CATIE Ordering Centre
- Educational opportunities in partnership with local organizations
- Case studies of effective HIV and hepatitis C programs
- Evidence reviews, guidelines and other tools for program developers
- Forums and events to discuss innovative approaches
Originally founded in 1990 to share information among people living with HIV about new and emerging treatments, CATIE’s mandate has expanded to providing both treatment and prevention information on HIV and hepatitis C to frontline service providers across Canada. Our full legal name is the Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange, but today we operate under the name CATIE.
Read more about CATIE’s history and milestones.
Last updated: August 2019