Women-Centred HIV Care Toolkits - Webinar for women living with HIV and community-based service providers
This first webinar will provide an overview of the toolkit for women living with HIV to support its uptake and use by women living with HIV as a self-health advocacy tool. This resource was made lovingly in partnership with women living with HIV to help women receive the care that they deserve.
This webinar will be of interest to community-based service providers as well.
It will provide an overview of key issues facing women living with HIV in Canada; describe trauma-aware and person-centred holistic care for women living with HIV; share some of the strategies from the toolkit for women living with HIV; and offer reflections from community members and service providers about the toolkit.
Although this webinar is primarily for women living with HIV and their service providers, all are welcome.
- Elder Valerie Nicholson, Simon Fraser University; BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
- Breklyn Bertozzi, Women’s Health In Women’s Hands
- Stella Osagie, AIDS Committee of Toronto; Women & HIV/AIDS Initiative
- Kath Webster, Simon Fraser University
- Melanie Lee, Canadian HIV Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health Cohort Study
- Dr. Mona Loutfy, Women’s College Research Institute, Women’s College Hospital
- Mary Ndung’u, Women’s College Research Institute, Women’s College Hospital
- Sarah Burtch, Positive Living Niagara; Women & HIV/AIDS Initiative
- Dr. Mary Kestler, Oak Tree Clinic, BC Women’s Hospital
- Olivia Smith Rodrigues, Regional HIV/AIDS Connection