Getting help

Infant feeding resources are available to mothers living with HIV in Canada. You may also have other questions. It is best to speak to your healthcare professional, support worker or someone at your local community health organization about the services and supports that are available to you.

Your local community health organization may offer services specifically for people living with HIV. Some organizations are dedicated to serving people with HIV. Some organizations may have programs and support groups specifically for women and mothers living with HIV. This might be an opportunity to talk with other mothers about their feelings and experiences with infant feeding. If no peer support program is available in your community, consider working with your local organization to start one.

You can find a community health organization in your area by visiting or by contacting CATIE.