Enhancing harm reduction education for service providers
There is growing demand for harm reduction training and education for service providers who work with people who use drugs. This webinar will explore how organizations can build harm reduction knowledge and capacity among their workers and with their community partners.
In this webinar, we’ll share CATIE’s new Harm Reduction Fundamentals toolkit and how it can be used by frontline organizations, along with examples of how organizations are training their workers and community partners. We’ll also have a broader discussion around the role of education and capacity building for organizations that provide services for people who use drugs.
Moderator: Christopher Hoy, Manager, Hepatitis C Knowledge Exchange and Community Programming, CATIE
- Paul Choisil, Professionals for Ethical Engagement of Peers
- Alexe Morgan, Shelter & Housing Manager, AIDS Committee of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Shohan Illsley, Executive Director, Manitoba Harm Reduction Network
- Clem Fong, Knowledge Translation Clinical Counsellor, Dr. Peter Centre
- Magnus Nowell, Knowledge Specialist, Harm Reduction, CATIE