Wednesday 29 June, 2016 13.00 EDT
CATIE is collaborating with the Canadian HIV Trials Network (CTN) to provide information about clinical trials currently enrolling in Canada.
The Canadian HIV Trials Network (CTN) is mandated to initiate, facilitate and expedite the implementation of relevant and scientifically valid clinical trials of HIV/AIDS therapies and vaccines in Canada. The CTN co-ordinates a national infrastructure which responds to and facilitates investigator-initiated and industry-initiated research. In addition, the CTN undertakes a proactive approach to promoting HIV/AIDS clinical trials in Canada. While pursuing the above mandate, the CTN endeavours to promote the widest possible access to HIV trials in Canada.
The links provided on this page will take you to the CTN Web site.
What is a Clinical Trial?
A clinical trial is a scientific test of new drugs or treatments on people, designed to find out if new drugs are safe and how well they work. Want to know more about clinical trials and how to participate? Try the booklet Clinical Trials: What you need to know.
What Clinical Trials are open to people living with HIV?
CATIE is working with CTN to provide accurate, up-to-date information about trials enrolling in Canada. The links below will take you to the CTN Clinical Trials Database.
Currently enrolling trials
- CTN 293: REPRIEVE trial
- CTN 281: EPIC 4 Study
- CTN 277: Endocrinopathy & cellular aging in women and girls
- CTN 273: Brain Health Now!
- CTN 265: The sexual confidence study
- CTN 262: Canadian HIV women’s sexual and reproductive health cohort study (CHIWOS)
- CTN 257: Impact of HIV on mucosa
- CTN 254: Inflammation as a predictor of HIV disease progression
- CTN 248: Incentives Stop AIDS & HIV in Drug Users
- CTN 222: Canadian co-infection cohort
CTN pilot studies that are enrolling participants
- CTNPT 003: Bone and renal outcomes in tenofovir-exposed infants
- CTNPT 011: Monitoring penicillin levels for syphilis
- CTNPT 014: Kaletra/Celesntri combination therapy for HIV in the setting of HCV
- CTNPT 015: COMO cognition study with HIV+ patients
- CTNPT 016: Herpesvirus shedding among HIV inpatients
- CTNPT 021: The (BATARI) Pilot Trial
If you know of a trial which is not listed in this database, please contact Sean Sinden.