CATIE is collaborating with the Canadian HIV Trials Network (CTN) to provide information about clinical trials currently enrolling in Canada.
The Canadian HIV Trials Network (CTN) is mandated to initiate, facilitate and expedite the implementation of relevant and scientifically valid clinical trials of HIV/AIDS therapies and vaccines in Canada. The CTN co-ordinates a national infrastructure which responds to and facilitates investigator-initiated and industry-initiated research. In addition, the CTN undertakes a proactive approach to promoting HIV/AIDS clinical trials in Canada. While pursuing the above mandate, the CTN endeavours to promote the widest possible access to HIV trials in Canada.
The links provided on this page will take you to the CTN Web site.
What is a Clinical Trial?
A clinical trial is a scientific test of new drugs or treatments on people, designed to find out if new drugs are safe and how well they work. Want to know more about clinical trials and how to participate? Try the booklet Clinical Trials: What you need to know.
What Clinical Trials are open to people living with HIV?
CATIE is working with CTN to provide accurate, up-to-date information about trials enrolling in Canada. The links below will take you to the CTN Clinical Trials Database.
Currently enrolling trials
- CTN 297: Black PRAISE
- CTN 293: Randomized trial to Prevent Vascular Events in HIV (REPRIEVE trial)
- CTN 292: HPV-SAVE: Screening and treatment of high-grade anal dysplasia in HIV+ MSM
- CTN 291: CARMA-1 (Pre-term birth in HIV+ pregnancies)
- CTN 290: HIV and sleep
- CTN 289: E/C/F/TAF switch with ledipasivir-sofosbuvir therapy
- CTN 288: LHIVE Healthy
- CTN 286: Virologic control of HIV: Switching from CART to Triumeq (TriiAdd study)
- CTN 277: Endocrinopathy & cellular aging in women and girls
- CTN 275: Evaluation of enhanced syphilis screeing among HIV-positive men (ESSAHM trial)
- CTN 271: Gay Poz Sex
- CTN 265: The sexual confidence study
- CTN 257: Impact of HIV on mucosa
- CTN 254: Inflammation as a predictor of HIV disease progression
- CTN 248: Incentives Stop AIDS & HIV in Drug Users
CTN pilot studies that are enrolling participants
- CTNPT 003: Bone and renal outcomes in tenofovir-exposed infants
- CTNPT 011: Monitoring penicillin levels for syphilis
- CTNPT 013: Sexual health and HIV-risk management in MSM
- CTNPT 021: The (BATARI) Pilot Trial
- CTNPT 022B: Probiotic supplements for gut immune health (PROOV IT II)
- CTNPT 023: Novel mRNA-based HPV testing for MSM living with HIV (NOMAD study)
- CTNPT 024: Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in HIV mono-infection
- CTNPT 026: Neuroimaging as a biomarker for cognitive training in HAND
- CTNPT 027: Effect of metformin on HIV reservoir size in non-diabetic ART treated patients (Lilac study)
- CTN 222: Canadian co-infection cohort
- CTN 247: Canadian cohort of HIV+ slow progressors
- CTN 262: Canadian HIV women’s sexual and reproductive health cohort study (CHIWOS)
- CTN 272: Canadian HIV and Aging cohort
- CTN 281: Effectiveness of early treatment with anti-retroviral therapy in children with HIV (EPIC 4 Study)
If you know of a trial which is not listed in this database, please contact Sean Sinden.